5.28.2009

living here, day 1

Day 1 of house hunting. I'm exhausted.

Drove to Target this morning before hitting up a place near Opryland.
Went to a library to make calls and check e-mails.
Waited for calls to be returned. Made some more calls. Set up appointments.
Drove around. Gased up my car. Went to another library.
Felt restless and sat in my car. Too hot, turn it on for A/C. Wasted gas.
Had a little breakdown about housing. Read some psalms.
Tried to nap. Finally checked out another house.
Made a call. Checked out a third place.

The third was so cute. It's a little apartment above a garage that usually isn't rented out but this guy might let me rent it for a couple of months. It's got a living room, kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom. It's back off the road and we saw four deer while we were out there. He said he'd call me tomorrow and let me know for sure about it and how much he'd want to rent it for. I'm really hoping it works out because it's perfect and only eight miles from downtown. The only bad parts are that it doesn't have a washer/dryer or Internet, but I'd be okay with visiting a laundry mat (Mom, send quarters) and paying for dial-up (you know, it'll help me work on my patience).

So, 8:30am-7:30pm driving around and trying to make contacts. Another day in my car.

Breakfast: granola bars and apple juice

Lunch: the same

Dinner: see above

(To my parents: I promise I'll eat better tomorrow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

© All rights reserved.