5.31.2009

a twin bed for three?

The weather channel says that the sunrise for tomorrow is 5:31AM. What?! Nashville is still in CST, but the east half of the state is in EST. So the sun rises earlier here than in some place farther west in CST, like western Kansas. What does this mean? It means I'm waking up at 6am every morning because the sun is bursting in through my window. On the up side, it makes getting up early much easier. On the down side, sleeping in is no longer an option and it gets really warm in my room in the mornings.
This was my first Sunday in Nashville, and the church I originally wanted to try out is in the south part of the city-- about an hour's drive. So I thought I'd try something closer. I came across Reformed Baptist Church of Nashville, about five minutes away. It's a pretty small church and the majority of the people seem to be young married couples with small children. I didn't notice any single 20-somethings, and there were a few older adults. Everyone was really nice and recognized me as a new face. They have lunch after the service so I stayed and ate with them. I'd really like to get involved in a small group (I don't think that have any, as far as I could tell) but we'll see.

Simba and Nala are both sleeping on my bed right now. Simba has been here for a couple of hours, and I went downstairs and had to persuade Nala to let me pet her. I finally picked her up and carried her up here, after which she proceeded to do a full sniff-down of my room including under the bed, in the closet, the bookshelf, and the bathroom before deciding she would join Simba for a nap. It's so cute. I hope they stay here until Jessica and Abe get home so they can see them.

My internship starts tomorrow. I'm excited; I hope it goes well. It's about a 20-minute drive, but usually I get nervous that there's going to be a wreck on the interstate and I don't want to be late. So I'll probably get there early and have to kill a few minutes in my car. I'll update tomorrow night. I'm sure I'll have stories to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© All rights reserved.