5.03.2012

the day to day.


Nate says I'm allergic to dishes. I think he is right. I just don't like touching old food and water that has been contaminated with milk and soggy cereal and whatever else we ate. Since we were dating, dishes has always been Nate's job. I'll do laundry, vacuum the floors, clean the bathroom, change the litter box, and cook ... but Nate does the dishes. Well, Nate's schedule has been crazy and he writes papers during the day and works in the evening, so our dishes have been neglected. So last night I put on my yellow rubber gloves and got it done. I felt so accomplished. :)


Last fall I planted four blueberry bushes along the sidewalk in the front of our house, and they are doing very well! I don't know much about growing blueberries, but the bushes have gotten a lot bigger in the last few months.


Nate has been working until midnight, and I typically go to bed around 9 p.m. So Odie has been keeping his side of the bed warm. :) As I write this, Otis is nestled up next to me. He doesn't make up for Nate's absence, but it definitely beats being alone. Miles is meowing at me because he wants fed. He's a little less of a cuddler but I love him just the same.


Joe Thorn (pastor/author/bearded gospel man) is nominating Nate for Beard of the Month on a blog. Nate is very proud of his beard. It is getting very long! In case you're wondering what it's like to kiss a man with a beard, it's actually softer when it's long and not pokey. I just have problems sometimes when his beard hair goes up my nose. :) Nate wants me to keep his hair trimmed so I do what I can even though I really don't know what I'm doing. I think he looks very nice. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

© All rights reserved.