5.25.2012

treat.


One of our local Sweet Cece's had a contest on their Facebook page every day this week. Customers submitted their favorite froyo recipes, and they picked a winner each day to win free frozen yogurt. I was Monday's winner! (I wasn't really surprised. I win a disproportionately large number of contests I enter.) My recipe was cake batter froyo, chocolate covered raisins, Oreos, strawberries, and cheesecake bites.

We also had a punch card filled up for a free froyo, so Wednesday after work Nate and I went to Sweet Cece's for an after-work treat. I opted for my winning recipe. The punch card covered mine ($5 value so I did have to pay $0.89) and then I used my win on Nate's. He managed to get $9.44 worth of all sorts of sugary goodness in his cup … for free!

Last night Nate grilled hot dogs, brats, and zucchini + squash for dinner. Tasty. This was our first time using the grill this year. Considering it is going to be in the 90s this weekend, I think summer has arrived.

I'm heading out mid-morning to drive to Columbia, MO to visit my sister, JR, Mom, and Mark. It's an 8-hour drive. Nate has to stay home because he works this weekend. :( He said, "How are you going to drive 8 hours? You haven't driven more than 1 hour since we've been married!" It's true. But before I was married I drove all the way back to Kansas several times. It's just when I don't have to, I don't. I'd much rather sleep while Nate drives. :) But I've got CDs to listen to and I'll be driving during the day so I think I'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© All rights reserved.