3.22.2011

joneses.

Lisa, Lyle, and Nate at Radnor Lake
This weekend, Nate's parents drove out from Wichita to visit us for a few days. The weather has been beautiful, and Sunday after church we went to Radnor Lake to walk the trail.

We saw some turtles, butterflies, all kinds of plants and flowers (Nate's dad knew what they were all called), and a scary looking bug that I didn't get a good look at because apparently it was on my back and I froze until Nate flicked it off. We also saw a goose that might have thought it was a flamingo.

me and Nate
After lunch, we went to the Gaylord Opryland Resort to walk around. We hadn't seen it since the flood last May; it reopened around Thanksgiving.


Nate's parents arrived Saturday night (Nate's birthday) so we went out to Peter's Sushi & Thai in Brentwood. I won't touch sushi, so I got pad thai and it was probably the best pad thai I've ever eaten. Then we came home and had some homemade strawberry cheesecake. I made it with a chocolate graham cracker crust this time. Sunday evening we grabbed pizza and watched the Kansas v. Illinois game.

Monday morning I went to work, and Nate, Lyle, and Lisa went to The Pancake Pantry for breakfast. They also went out to The Hermitage to check out Andrew Jackson's home. I got home from work and Nate took me out to the chicken coop and in the back shed was a lawnmower! Nate's dad found one on Craigslist and got it for us! I made spicy soba for dinner and we played a game called Ticket to Ride and took a walk around the neighborhood. Of course, we ended our walk with homemade milkshakes.

Great weekend. It's currently 79°F and sunny. Hello, spring. I'm so glad you're here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© All rights reserved.