12.31.2010

NYE.

Happy New Year! Nate works until midnight so I'm hanging out at the West End Starbucks. I started working on a rough draft comic strip retelling the story of how we met. I'm still in [very, very] rough draft mode. I'll spend more time on clean lines once I have it sketched out. I think it would be fun to draw up something of semi-respectable quality and print it. This is a phone camera shot and I don't have a steady hand, but you get the gist of it. Click the photo for a larger view.

Starbucks is surprisingly slow for all the things happening downtown tonight. The city is hosting a New Year's Eve Bash on Broadway for free and the Hard Rock Cafe will be dropping a giant guitar and setting off fireworks at midnight. Nate and I will celebrate like we live in Colorado; hopefully he'll get off work early though. I get Monday off as a holiday, and Nate happens to be off too. We're taking Miles to the vet and picking Samne up from the airport.

I got a slow cooker and a cookbook for Christmas so I'm pretty excited about cooking this next year. Tomorrow morning I'll plan this month's meals and then go to the store. Aldi and Dollar General have become my go-to stores for saving lots of money. I'm maybe a little obsessive about planning/saving. Nate probably thinks I'm crazy when I show him receipts and point out how much I save. (By the way, Aldi has Ranch-flavored tortilla chips for 99 cents that taste exactly like Doritos!)

I finished a book tonight! It was Scandalous: The Cross and Resurrection of Jesus by D.A. Carson. I slacked on my book reading this year, only finishing nine books. Maybe I'll do better in 2011, but I think I'll be pretty busy next year too, so ... maybe not. :)

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. I think that this story would be awesome for SW's magazine. It would be a fun read, I'm sure. You should submit it.

    ReplyDelete

© All rights reserved.