10.25.2010

hot potato.

Tonight was loaded baked potato night. I made baked potatoes for dinner, then Nate and I topped them with bacon, cheese, and sour cream. We also had steamed broccoli and toasty French bread.

This was the first time I've made baked potatoes in the oven. They took forever. I cooked four and it took about 90 minutes for them to become soft. They turned out great, though. I also made peanut butter cookies for dessert and to take to Sam and Anne's tomorrow. We're coming up on the end of October. (Whoa, where did it go?) With a couple of exceptions, Nate and I have not repeated a dinner since he moved here nearly two months ago.

My next feat (snack-wise) is peanut butter granola. I have a pretty simple recipe to try out:

Peanut Butter Granola
  • 6 tablespoons oil
  • 1 cup peanut butter (or soy nut butter)
  • 1 ½ cups brown sugar
  • 7 cups oats
    1. Cook oil and peanut butter over low heat until it is melted and smooth.
    2. Remove from heat and add sugar.
    3. Add oats and stir well until oats are coated.
    4. Spread onto cookie sheet.
    5. Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes stirring at least once.
    6. Cool and store in an airtight container.
    That was easy.

    1 comment:

    © All rights reserved.