10.01.2010

date night.

After dinner last night, Nate took me on a date. A surprise date. I didn't know where we were going, except that Nate isn't the best at keeping secrets and it didn't take me long to figure it out. :)

First we drove out to Love Circle to watch the sunset. The view from I-440 on the way there was incredible.
Sunset from I-440
Love Circle also has a great view of the skyline.

Me + Nate + Nashville skyline from Love Circle
I didn't think Nate had anything planned after that. I thought we were just going to go home and play Scrabble, but he missed all the turns for going home and we ended up downtown. He parked and looked at his map and said, "I have to find the courthouse."

I was pretty confused. "What? Why? Nate, we can't get married tonight." (haha)

We ended up parking at my work and walking a few blocks down to 3rd Avenue where there was a free concert event going on: Live on the Green. This week's bands were Garrison Starr, Sixpence None the Richer, and Jars of Clay.

Sixpence None the Richer
I couldn't have told you one song Sixpence None the Richer plays, but once they began I recognized their songs and even knew most of the words. I remember listening to "Kiss Me" and "There She Goes" on the radio all the time when I was younger.

Jars of Clay
Jars of Clay was awesome. They are one of Nate's favorite bands. I saw them last summer when they played at a Nashville Sounds baseball game. We left a little before they finished; I was very tired but fortunately Nate was sympathetic to my sleepiness. It was a beautiful night.

1 comment:

  1. I *heart* Jars of Clay! That's so neat that you got to see a surprise concert! : ) One year in college, a couple friends & I made a 2 day trip to see Jars play, and then afterwards hunted them down in their tour bus. It wasn't my most favorite trip, but the concert was phenom!

    ReplyDelete

© All rights reserved.