|Orange Curried Chicken + Mashed Potatoes|
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 c. soy sauce
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, skinless
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small bowl combine the marmalade, curry powder,and soy sauce. Mix together. Place chicken pieces, cut side down, in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish and spoon marmalade mixture over chicken.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes, spooning sauce over chicken several times. (Note: If sauce begins to stick to the baking dish, add an additional 1/4 cup water).
- Remove chicken from baking dish and skim fat off of the sauce. Serve sauce hot with the chicken. Serves 4. (Nate used the extra orange sauce on his potatoes as gravy.)
Ultimate Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 5 large potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Generous dash ground black pepper
- Heat broth and potatoes in 3-quart saucepan over high heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain, reserving broth.
- Mash potatoes with 1/4 cup broth, cream, butter and black pepper. Add additional broth, if needed, until desired consistency.
- For an interesting twist: Stir 1/2 cup sour cream, 3 slices bacon cooked and crumbled (reserve some for garnish) and 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives into hot mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with remaining bacon. Serves 6.