2.02.2011

absence of shadow.

d
GOBBLER'S KNOB, Penn. -- The world-famous weather-reading groundhog Punxsutawney Phil predicted spring was on its way Wednesday from his home at Gobbler's Knob, near Punxsutawney, Penn.

His prediction offered the US some hope of respite as the country faced one of its largest winter storms since the 1950s. Thirty states were crippled by what the National Weather Service described as "life-threatening" weather conditions that stretched across 2,000 miles from Texas to Maine.

According to American folklore, if the rodent sees his shadow, then the country can expect six more weeks of winter. If he does not, then spring is on the way. (via)
While the rest of the country is getting slammed with snow drifts as high as cars, highway whiteouts, and road conditions so bad that people are driving their tractors to work …

My brother, Geoff, took this picture near Ithaca, NY.
I stepped outside this morning to a few flurries and 25°F. The wind was brisk but things here in Nashville are looking fairly good. (I knew there was a good reason for moving to the South.)

Yesterday I received a notice in the mail that I've been summoned for jury duty on March 21. That's kind of cool. Except I have to miss work and the jury information website recommends bringing reading materials, so I have a feeling there will be a lot of waiting around. But what makes me even more excited is that March 21 is the day after the first day of spring!

In other news, last night I finished workout #2 of 39 in my quest to be a runner. Friday afternoon I am going to try on wedding dresses. Tonight I'm doing my first grocery trip in February after planning meals. I might go over budget, but I'm really excited about some of these recipes. Today or tomorrow I'm interviewing Cloverton; Yancy next Tuesday; and something with Josh Wilson is in the works. Sunday is the Super Bowl … we're watching with friends and I'm bringing an Oreo cheesecake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© All rights reserved.