2.23.2011

foul.

I got out the door later than usual this morning because I tried heating my chai on the stove instead of in the microwave. It took a lot longer and was deceivingly hot, so I burned my tongue on the first sip and then couldn't taste the rest of it anyway. As I hit the I-65N/I-40W split, I cut someone off when I was trying to move two lanes to the right at 55 mph within a quarter mile (do the math … I have 13.75 seconds to get over there) so I could hit my 209A exit to Broadway. It's a tricky maneuver, but I'm glad I attempt it at 6:12 a.m. while traffic is relatively light. I thought I had it easy this morning until a ninja car started honking.

An Open Letter to the Person I Cut Off in Traffic This Morning

Dear Nashville Driver,

Hello. I'm very sorry I cut you off in traffic this morning. I honestly didn't see you while I was trying to move over two lanes in the quarter mile before exit 209A. Thank you for honking and letting me know you were there. I kind of understand why you chose to pull right up to my bumper and turn your brights on; it's clear you were unhappy. If I could have pulled over and apologized to you face-to-face, I would have. But you looked like you were in a hurry. I feel really bad, OK? I'm sorry! Please forgive me. I hope you have a good day.

Sincerely,
Alyssa

I honestly think I felt way worse about it than that driver felt angry. I think I'm embarrassed easily that way—when I do something wrong on accident and someone points it out. I'm glad there's grace for that.

In other news, Brandon Heath was at LW this morning. He spoke and played three songs at chapel. Brandon was the first artist I interviewed for our devotional magazine.

Nate and I bought a sectional. It's chocolate brown and really comfy and has a high back (nice for us tall people). If you come over to sit on it, you won't want to leave. Now my old furniture is hanging out in the second bedroom. We're going to (gasp!) put some pictures up on the wall! Nate has five incredible pieces and I ordered a canvas with a print of the Konza prairie that Anne took. It should get here soon. That's right, after a year and a half in this house, there will be things on the walls! And when people come over, we can offer them a place to sit. I never thought this day would come.

For those of you who are wondering, "How's the wedding planning coming?" (I seriously answer this question about three times a day.) The answer is: slowly. I don't know what I'm doing, so if you have planned a wedding before and want to volunteer your assistance, I will make you a cheesecake. I will make you a dozen cheesecakes. Whatever you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© All rights reserved.