11.14.2010

holy justice.


The most violent express of God's wrath and justice is seen in the cross. If ever a person had room to complain of injustice it was Jesus. He was the only innocent man ever to be punished by God. If we stagger at the wrath of God, let us stagger at the cross. Here is where our astonishment should be focused. If we have cause for moral outrage, let it be directed at Golgotha. (p. 158)

[In response to Luke 13:1-5] In effect what Jesus was saying was this: "You people are asking the wrong question. You should be asking me, 'Why didn't that tower fall on my head?'" Jesus rebuked the people for putting their amazement in the wrong place ... I have had countless students ask me why God doesn't save everybody. Only once did a student come to me and say, "There is something I just can't figure out. Why did God save me?" (p. 161)

R.C. Sproul's The Holiness of God

1 comment:

© All rights reserved.