11.09.2010

tree.

Never mind the fact that it was 70 degrees in Nashville yesterday. We put up the Christmas tree. Growing up, putting the Christmas tree up was usually a post-Thanksgiving tradition. My sister said she had hers up already, and I figured, "Why not?" We'll just get a full two months to enjoy it!


Nate helped put the hangers on the ornaments. All the hangers were bunched up and tangled (how does that happen?) so when we got the tree decorated, Nate but the silver jumble of hangers on top for a star. :)


I adopted Miles in January, so as far as I know he's never seen a Christmas tree. Mostly he just wanted to eat it. He busted an ornament and tried eating it until Nate grabbed it up. I'm hoping the tree is still standing when I get home from work today.


I like the holidays. The Christmas music hasn't started playing yet, though. I think I'm leaving that to December. I'm not sure I'm quite ready for all the coldness and darkness at 4:30 p.m., but I'm ready for space heaters and family and maybe even a little snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© All rights reserved.