|DIY coasters. Click photo for a larger view.|
magazines, foam brush, spray gloss finish
- Apply adhesive felt pads to the bottom of each tile.
- Cut 4-inch squares from pages in the magazines. You could also cut out individual words or pictures.
- Use the foam brush to cover the top of the tile with matte finish. Lay the magazine pieces on the tile, using your fingers to carefully position the pieces and push out any air bubbles.
- Cover the surface area with another layer of matte finish.
- Set aside to dry.
- Spray the surface of each coaster with spray gloss finish and set aside to dry. Without the glossy finish, water on the bottom of a glass will make the matte finish stick to your glass.