9.10.2011

i(k)deas.

Yesterday I received an IKEA catalog I requested online and I'm pretty sure my mind hasn't stopped thinking about things to do around the house. It's a catalog full of inspiration and awesome looks. Here are some things that stuck out to me. (Specifically ... bookshelves/cases)
Love the bookshelf up at the ceiling.
Nate thinks it would be cool to have something around the bed like this.
Bookshelves around a window: very cool.
I think we are really attracted to bookcases right now because we need a book storage solution.
Great use of space around the window with the shelves.
I like that the wall and bookcase are the same color.
Shelves hanging higher than I would typically position them.
Love the little lights above the shelves. Also horizontal and vertical books. 
When I was little I dreamed of having a library room in my house. Here it is.
Nate and I both love books so this might be in our future.
We look at these and think, We need to save up before we buy anything. And then I keep thinking ... These are such simple designs, I could totally make this myself! Miter saw, anyone?

Alright, alright. I don't know if I will ever be that ambitious but I hope so. It really can't be that hard and these days you can find free detailed instructions for anything and everything online.

I did make some progress today. I trimmed a couple of bushes in the front yard, bought some tulip and daffodil bulbs at Lowe's, and planted a wildflower mix along the side fence and in the front next to the porch. If there is one word to describe our house, it is this:

potential.

There are lots of things I love about our house but there is also a lot of room for improvement. We'll take it one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© All rights reserved.