8.27.2009

the experiment.

Wow, this is my 75th post to this blog since being here. It hasn't really sunk in that I live here now.

This morning on my way to work, I stopped and bought two bananas. (I'm moving this weekend so I've stopped buying groceries and I'm literally running out of things to eat.) The bananas I bought were green because from my experience, I've learned that whenever I buy just-right-yellow bananas, they brown before I can eat them.

Well, it's about 9:30am and I am so hungry. (I am always hungry at work. Andrea told me I'd gain weight here. What is it about this place that makes people want to eat?) Anyway, so I remember I have these bananas but they are green. I do not like green bananas. I do not like them in my car, I do not like them under stars. They are too banana-y when they are green. So I start wondering, How can I make these bananas ripen faster? And Jeff tells me to put them in a brown paper bag.

Great idea! Let me pull out one of my brown paper bags and put this banana inside! (I do not have a brown paper bag.) So I start reading some online forums and someone said their mom always put their bananas on top of the refrigerator. Something about the heat helping speed up the process. Gee, it sure would be nice if I had a window in this office so I could call on the power of the sun.

Then I remembered one time when Jeff and I were talking to Andrea and Jeff put his hand on the back of her computer and said, "Ouch! That's hot!" So I placed my banana on top of my computer to warm it up.

Jeff came in later with a brown cardboard box as an alternate to the paper bag. He suggested fixing something up on top of my lamp (I vetoed this idea since I don't want to be the new girl who started the fire). So I put one banana in the box, and the other on top of my computer.

2:30pm: I ate my computer-cradled banana and left the box banana on my desk for tomorrow. Neither were extremely yellow, but the computer one was a little more yellow. That's that.

Sidenote. 5 free mp3s. I downloaded 5 songs yesterday for free on Amazon.com. Check out the offer here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© All rights reserved.