7.05.2010

G: Geocaching.

You can do this anywhere, but today I went geocaching in Nashville with Nate.

Basically, you go to the geocaching website and find a clue to a cache near you. The person hiding the cache provides coordinates and clues on the site. We ended up on West End and found the micro cache in some bushes. It was sweet because it contained a list to which we added our names. The names dated back to May 2009! I'm glad our first try was a successful one. If you like scavenger hunts, try geocaching. (I know it sounds kind of nerdy but it's really fun!)

Also today, Anne, Sam, Nate, and I went to Pancake Pantry. The line to get in was long so Anne and I left the boys and wandered into one of the stores in Hillsboro Village to look around. I was all dressed for summer/95+ degrees and it was freezing in Pancake Pantry. I ordered a hot tea to help regulate my body temperature. When we were finished with pancakes, Nate and I went to Centennial Park (which I have now decided is my favorite place in Nashville). The park was our starting point for geocaching and after a victorious mission we re-hydrated and threw the Frisbee around.

I was definitely ready for a cold movie theater so we saw Toy Story 3 in 3D at the theater in 100 Oaks. Some of Nate's friends said the movie made them choke up a little, but there was really only one pretty sad part and then you remember 1) They are just toys, and 2) It's just a movie. The 3D was pretty cool.

Then we came home and played Scrabble (I won, making a comeback after Nate scored 44 points on a triple word score of "Oz" in two directions ... we let him use abbreviations (for ounce) so my FTW involved EQ, Q being worth 10 points and I made it doubled.) Dinner was portobello burgers in raspberry vinaigrette with provolone on wheat rolls, Caesar salad, and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for dessert. (Nate told me there are anchovies in Caesar salad dressing … I love Caesar salad, but not going to lie, I didn't know that and I can't quite look at it the same anymore.)

Now it's past 11 (way past my bedtime). I'll be at work tomorrow for 12.5 hours so I need to get to sleep.

Today was sweet. The Lord is good,

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you liked caching! I'm addicted to it (there's a tab on my blog, as well as a whole blogroll of other cachers)

    I hope you have good luck finding many more!

    ReplyDelete

© All rights reserved.