8.01.2011

upgrade.


Bon Iver at Ryman Auditorium
Last Wednesday we went to Ryman Auditorium to see Bon Iver. It was seriously the best concert I've ever been to in my entire life. The Rosebuds opened. I liked them too. When tickets went on sale a few months ago, I sat at my computer and clicked through Ticketmaster the second they were available. We had pretty good seats.

Pork Kabobs
I'm still trying to get into the swing of married life and I haven't been the best about planning meals and cooking, but we have been grilling a lot. I made pork kabobs recently with grape tomatoes, onion, zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, and a teriyaki glaze. They were good.

This past weekend we used some of our gift cards and bought the rest of our new bedding. I love it! It's so comfortable and we even got a down comforter (which I will like much more in the winter because it's pretty hot right now). We didn't get all the fancy pillows, just the shams and pillowcases, sheets, bed skirt, and duvet cover.

We also went to Lowe's to buy shades. If you've ever seen me mention Miles' destructive habits on the mini blinds I bought when I first moved in, you can understand why we needed something new. We bought Roman shades that match our bedding and they do an excellent job of blocking the sun. I am actually having success in sleeping in! No more 5:30 a.m. sun-is-shining wake-ups on Saturday mornings.

Nate is enrolled for 12 hours this fall semester. We have been so blessed … SBTS opened a full-time campus in Franklin (starting this fall), tuition is affordable, they offer classes he needs, and he can take those 12 hours during 2 days a week so he will still be working full time. We originally thought Nate would have to drive up to Louisville (3 hrs. away). It has worked out perfectly.

Next weekend we are heading to St. Louis to visit Nate's sister and brother in law. His mom and youngest sister are coming too. We are looking forward to it! I've never really explored St. Louis besides the arch, but I hear the City Museum is pretty cool.

Nate was eligible for a phone upgrade, so we got him a Droid X2 and I gave up my Samsung Reality for his old Droid Eris. I am finally on a smart phone! And I feel smarter already …

No comments:

Post a Comment

© All rights reserved.