6.27.2009

A Day Downtown

Today Kennan and I set out at 9:30am for a day of acting like tourists. Our first stop was The Frothy Monkey, a coffee shop where I ordered a frozen chai latte. I've always had my chai lattes hot, but since it was so warm outside, I thought I'd try something a little different. It was very good. Next, we headed to Centennial Park where we fed the ducks, geese, pigeons, and other small birds my month-old half loaf of bread.

Kennan feeds the birds the last few pieces of our bread.

Me standing on the Shelby Street Bridge.
I took a picture here a year ago. Hoping to make this an annual thing.

Nashborough Fort. This was by Riverfront Park. It was free -- one of the many free things we did today. Eight hours downtown and we spent less than $20 each.

A dining room display in the Tennessee State History Museum.

The State Capitol Building. I drive by this thing every morning on my way to work. It was used as a federal fort while the Union occupied Nashville during the War. The tower up top is designed after the monument of Lysicrates in Athens, Greece.

At Gaylord Opryland Resort & Hotel. An indoor, air-conditioned paradise.

Me standing in front of one of several waterfalls at Gaylord Opryland Resort.

Just chillin' with my new country friends.

Beautiful!

d

2 comments:

  1. I like your new "country" friends. Figure out the best places to go so when I come and visit, you can take me to all the cool places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alyssa,

    Just checking out your blog and realized I just met Kennan on a Lifeway shoot I was helping out with last week. We dressed her as a cop for a FUEL shoot. Small world. Does look like you had a good touristy day!


    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete

© All rights reserved.