3.19.2010

Cornell in Jax.

1:20 p.m. - Cornell up 74-56. 3:57 left. They've got this.
1:23 p.m. - Cornell is currently a trending topic on Twitter. Nice.
1:33 p.m. - Cornell wins! Announcer: "Cornell is not a 12 seed. They'd be a good Sweet 16 team."

I have a special place in my heart for Jacksonville. I lived there for 2 months in the summer of '08 and worked as a room attendant (housekeeper) at the Hyatt full time during the Navigators Summer Training Program with about 100 other college students.

Cornell is in Jacksonville this weekend for the first round of the NCAA tournament. This afternoon they are taking on 5-seeded Temple Owls. I took a half day so I could watch the game (or listen to it, my Internet is too slow to stream video well).

My dad, stepmom, sister, and brother-in-law all made the trip, and I'm wishing I were there!

Click for larger view. Downtown Jacksonville.
Geoff (left) and some of the team.

Jacksonville (from Google Maps) - the Hyatt is that big square building right of center.
Go Big Red!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© All rights reserved.