7.14.2009

routine.

Hey hey hey. It's been busy lately but mostly routine things. On Sunday I got baptized at First Baptist Nashville. There were five of us who got baptized, and this fifth grader's dad took my picture in the white robe they provided, but I'm still waiting on him to e-mail it to me.

The Office marathon with the housemates is still happening. We just finished up episode 15 of season 3. Unfortunately I don't think we'll finish by the time I move out. We might get through the end of season 3 (ten more episodes). The first time I ever watched The Office was two summers ago after my friend Kristin introduced me to it and I spent the summer starting from the beginning and getting caught up.

I started reading Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. I've read it before and I cried during the entire book. No tears yet, but I need to throw some fiction into my lineup. I'm also working on John Piper's Desiring God and 50 Reasons Why Jesus Came to Die right now.

Still doing the first round of editing on our Fall 2010 BTX product. Sometimes you run across things that are worded funny. Today there was an activity titled "Make place mats for the homeless." Now it goes on to describe giving the place mats to a shelter to be used around Thanksgiving, but if you only read the title you think, "What's a homeless person going to do with a place mat?" One of my friends-of-a-friend suggested another not-so-great Sunday school activity: Hey, why don't you take that coloring book over there to the corner?

I'm reminded of a joke I read. I'll schedule it to post in the morning. So come back. :)

d

No comments:

Post a Comment

© All rights reserved.