10.08.2009

thursday.


This week has been very busy because this week is our annual Writers Conference. We have nine preteen writers in town who will be writing our 2011-2012 curriculum. It's been really neat to be able to put faces to the names I've seen on the computer. I got to pick one of our writers up at the airport on Tuesday morning. Pretty sure this week is going to result in a cavity---not because our writers are so sweet (they are, haha) but because there was a seemingly endless supply of Milk Duds. Always a favorite. And today after lunch we went to Las Paletas, this place on 12th Ave. South that doesn't even have a sign outside of the building. You just hear about it by word of mouth. Their website, wheresthesign.com, only supplies a basic graphic, a location, and a phone number. This was my second time to Las Paletas. The first time I got a chocolate choc. chip popsicle, and this time I got chocolate with mint chip. There are lots of different kinds of popsicles: from cream-based like strawberry choc. chip or chai; and fruit-based like cantaloupe or strawberry kiwi.

Tonight we all went to Gigi's Cupcakes before having dinner at Panera. (We ate the cupcakes after dinner, of course. Gigi's was just closing at 6pm.) It was a little bit stressful when I didn't know where Gigi's was and though I was following Jeff (and even though I ran a yellow light to keep up with him), he left me behind by running a yellow light himself and there was no way I could make it. So when Broadway split, I didn't know whether to stay left or merge right. Jeff wouldn't answer his phone, and though Cheryl was following me, she wasn't answering hers either. So, I went right. Well, right was wrong. Finally Jeff answered his phone and gave me directions. I'm not a fan of cupcakes, really, but I still had a chocolate/coconut one.

Jim and Pam's wedding tonight on the Office. Lots of awkward.
It's been a long day. A good day. Off to bed. Ciao.
d

No comments:

Post a Comment

© All rights reserved.