11.23.2009

mmmmurp.

There were a lot of people not at work today, but Erica came in early with me and met a few of my coworkers. Then I left her my car to roam the city. I think she roamed a little, but she also went back to my house and took a nap. I suppose that's logical since I woke her up at 5 a.m.

The morning flew by. I spent it typing data into an Excel spreadsheet; then I finished and started pulling activities off archived CDs. Erica picked me up for lunch. We went to P.F. Changs because she had never been; we each got an egg roll and split an order of lettuce wraps. Afterward we were going to get ice cream, but we couldn't find any place. She talked me into driving to Maggie Moos at the Green Hills mall. We had never been; the traffic was awful. The small cone was like $4! We left without getting anything. No way am I paying that much for a scoop of ice cream. Erica picked up a half gallon at Kroger for $2.50, so that's now in my freezer. I think I hear it calling my name.

In the afternoon I made some progress on the archived activities. I finished pulling a total of 34 today -- not bad considering most CDs had only 1 or 2 activities I needed, so it was a timely process. There are still a lot of CDs I can't find, but I'm doing what I can now and I'll take my "impossible" list to someone for help all at once.

Drove Erica to the airport after work. My front right wheel is making noises again which makes me nervous, especially knowing I'll be driving to Biloxi and back, then to Kansas and back in the near future. Even though I really want to ignore it, I don't want driving on it to just make it a lot worse. But there's no way I'll be able to walk into a mechanic and have him tell me it'll be several hundred dollars to fix without crying my eyes out.

It's been a few months since I've gotten my haircut. I have a friend in Manhattan who has cut my hair for the last couple of years and she's great at it. She knows what I like and she does a fantastic job. But she's nearly 700 miles away, so I decided I'd stop in at a place near my house and just get a trim.

I went to Fantastic Sams. I will now refer to it as Not-So-Fantastic Sams. It's just like Not-So-Great Clips; probably a little more expensive, but same concept. I tell this guy who is cutting my hair that I just want a trim. I don't know if he was cutting to the rhythm of the country music or just really had no idea what he was doing, but he cut way more than an inch off, and I suppose he was trying to keep my layers. He botched it. Awful. A bad haircut can really ruin your day.

Also, I called Regions today about my missing checks. They said they sent them but they came back as undeliverable. I said, "That's funny, because the debit card finally arrived at my house." They decided they'd get the checks sent to the branch here and then I'll just go pick them up. Jeff has always told me I should bank with our credit union at work. I'm starting to think Regions wants me to bank with our credit union, too!

Ah, Monday. I think I'd be in a better mood if I could get a little vitamin D. It's been cloudy and drizzly and cold. Definitely looking forward to Biloxi!

3 comments:

  1. You need to get that tire checked out. Check with Trudy about her mechanic. She might even let you borrow a car for a couple of days.

    And. Wow! what progress on the CDs. That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your safety is most important. Drop Trudy's name to the mechanic so he'll know people are watching what he charges! Did you ever get the coupons I sent?
    Hugs from Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you have a new mechanic, and that the problem was something simple!

    I did the discount hair place near our house for highlights and a trim, and wound up with spots on the short areas, and a mediocre cut. Ask around, just like you did for the mechanic! Hair care costs a LOT more here in PA than it did in KS!!

    ReplyDelete

© All rights reserved.