4.07.2010

final.

The final copy. Check out the stack of previous edits. Sorry, trees!
Today was the big day. We made our final edits on the two books we've been working on. Of course, we'll see them again for a last check before they are published, but we're basically done. After 6 months and 380+ hours, it feels pretty great to have conquered this project.

After work I drove to the Red Cross to donate blood. My iron was good and they sat me down to put the needle in. Long story short, they used a different vein than normal, which ended up clotting too early and they couldn't use my not-quite-full bag of blood. After several attempts to reposition the needle, they pulled it out. I started feeling really hot and dizzy so they tipped me back and propped my legs up. Then they said I had a hematoma and made me sit there 10 more minutes with an ice pack on my arm. So kind of a fail on that. I still got my Nutter Butters though.

Driving home reminded me why working until 3 p.m. instead of 4 p.m. is so great. I can't think of one good thing about driving at 4 p.m. in Nashville. Crazy.
d

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on finishing the big project! As far as the donation goes, next time show them the GOOD vein and insist they use it. At least you tried.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

© All rights reserved.