4.03.2010

i would subscribe to this day if it would let me.

I appreciate 3-day weekends. I got a lot done in the yard yesterday and did laundry. Yesterday felt like Saturday; I know tomorrow is Sunday ... so today is like a bonus free day. The fresh warm air filling my house smells amazing. I love spring! Yesterday I finished mowing my backyard. Katy's husband, Scott, and his friend Rusty came over and tilled me up a garden. It's 7' by 10'. Now I just have to wait a few weeks to plant. I've got bell peppers starting indoors; also planning on doing tomatoes and zucchini.

A couple of my friends think it would be a good idea if I got chickens since I have a chicken coop. Raising chickens couldn't be too hard. Worst case scenario, they peck me or they die. I could probably handle two or three chickens. But maybe next year. My coop needs to be painted and cleaned up. And I'm not sure what I would do with them when it gets cold since I don't have electricity in the coop; but I do hear chickens make the best fertilizer around.

I'm spending the afternoon reading Death by Love: Letters from the Cross by Mark Driscoll & Gerry Breshears. I haven't finished reading a book since January 30 ... kind of behind on reading this year.

Things I want to do more consistently:
  • Read
  • Write creatively
  • Donate blood
  • Turn off the TV
  • Workout
  • Take the stairs
  • Play my saxophone

No comments:

Post a Comment

© All rights reserved.