6.19.2010

A: American Artisan Festival

I got up at 5 a.m. and was out in my yard by 5:30 pulling weeds and trimming bushes. The plants were all still wet and my garden was muddy. It took me until 8 a.m. to get everything done and just in time ... it started pouring rain as soon as I came inside! I was pretty gross when I came in for a shower, but my yard looks pretty nice now! That was followed by a 1.5 hour nap.

Jennifer and I were going to use the free movie tickets I have to see Toy Story 3 this afternoon, but the tickets are only good for movies that have been out for at least 12 days. We didn't want to pay more than $10 each for a movie, so we're just going to wait 12 days. Instead we went downtown to Centennial Park to check out the American Artisan Festival. It happens every year on Father's Day weekend; this is the 40th year! It's free and open to the public. There are more than 165 exhibitors from 35 states across America.

Me in front of the Parthenon
Each booth identified what city the seller was from. There were tons of neat things.
It was hot!
The entertainment.
It was a pretty neat event. It's going on tomorrow too. I almost bought a picture to hang on one of my walls, but I thought it would be more fun and less expensive to make something myself. I got some great ideas though. Now we'll see if I can make it happen. Jennifer and I stopped to get ice cream on the way home. I'm off now to the grocery store. I'm $70 under budget on groceries this month so I think I'll go find some real food instead of eating cereal for dinner tonight. :)

Get creative,

No comments:

Post a Comment

© All rights reserved.