6.11.2010

audrey assad.

Precursor: Sometimes I get to interview musicians for my job, which is awesome. Today was my 12th interview. (See more.) You'd think I would be a pro, but in the 20-minutes leading up to the scheduled time, I get so nervous every time!

This afternoon I had the opportunity to interview Audrey Assad. Her single "For Love Of You" is available now, and her debut album The House You're Building will release on July 13.
Audrey already has some experience under her belt. She has toured with Chris Tomlin, Matt Maher, Tenth Avenue North, and more. She also landed a duet with Chris Tomlin in the song "Winter Snow" on Tomlin's Glory in the Highest Christmas album.

I have been fortunate enough to listen to her 11-track debut album already and it has literally been on repeat this entire week. (I almost always have music playing while I edit.) It was the soundtrack to my plane ride to and from Kansas City last weekend, and it has definitely earned itself a notch on my "favorite music" list.

Audrey is coming up on her 27th birthday (July 1, she told me). Her bio mentions that most people would expect her to have a few more candles on her cake; she speaks and writes and sings with a lot of maturity. Now I get to sit down and write an article.

Audrey was really nice. When we were done she said, "Bye, Alyssa." I read somewhere that using a person's name in conversation touches them. Apparently it acknowledges their existence and massages their ego thus boosting self-esteem. I know that's kind of cheesy, but I liked it. :)

Check out Audrey's: MySpace | Twitter | Facebook

Loving Music City,

No comments:

Post a Comment

© All rights reserved.