5.16.2010

compassion.

Nothing says "Welcome to Nashville" like a nearby shooting. Yesterday evening Jennifer and I went to Kroger and I showed her some of the other stores in the area. A few hours after we left, there was a shooting in that shopping area. I wouldn't consider south Nashville to be too dangerous; most shootings I hear about are on 12th Ave N.

Jennifer and Miles
It's been rainy most of the day today. After church I took a two-hour nap and it was pretty great. I think Miles might have a new favorite person. Ahem ... I understand being intrigued by a new person in the house, but hey kid, do not forget who rescued you from the animal shelter and who feeds you and who brushes you and puts up with your adolescent behavior at all hours of the morning!

Today I got my sponsorship packet from Compassion International. I'm sponsoring a 15-year-old boy in Awassa, Ethiopia who shares my birthday (Feb. 12). Most adults in Awassa work as day laborers and earn the equivalent of $12/month. (That's $0.40 a day.) Sponsorship will allow the staff at the local church student center to provide this boy with Bible teaching, tutoring and scholastic materials, medical checkups and treatment, clothing, and recreational activities. If you want to learn more about sponsoring a child through Compassion International, click here.

 It's all about love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

© All rights reserved.