5.23.2010

greetings.

Don't underestimate the power of snail mail. A quick "hello" note or "thinking of you" can go a long way. One of my hobbies is making greeting card. It's my little opportunity to be creative. I think there's a design gene in me somewhere, but it's a little weak and usually I'm better at looking at a design and deciding I like how it looks (or don't like it) than I am at actually doing the designing myself.

Today I decided to make a card for my friend Jenn. I hadn't talked to her in awhile, but she's getting married is less than two weeks so I figured I wouldn't make life any crazier for her by trying to call her. So I made a card.


I spent 2-3 hours on this card/envelope set, but I must say, I'm very proud of it.

front
bind-in pages

The inside of the card has multiple pages (I like to write a lot) and so I stitched the pages in with a needle and thread. This was the first time I've stitched paper, but it was easy and looked really nice.


I added my "alyssa in nashville" logo to the back.

inside before adding pages
 

As I was starting work on this project, Jenn called me! It was really great to talk to her. In addition to wedding planning, she's also finishing up the school year (she teaches third grade). I'm pretty impressed she found time to catch up and I'm very thankful she did!

get creative,

No comments:

Post a Comment

© All rights reserved.